Saturday, December 26, 2009

Reagan's First Christmas

Although Reagan may not remember much of her first Christmas, it is a day that will always be special to us.


It started off with me making breakfast for my hubby and I (unfortunately, Reagan only gets her milk...perhaps next year she can have a special breakfast too!)

I made fruit salad (cut up fruit, cover with store brand Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette), Jimmy Dean Sausages, and Make-ahead-scrambled-eggs-in-puff-pastry. I changed the recipe slightly by adding green peppers and onions to the eggs as I scrambled them, and sprinkled chopped chives on top before baking. It all turned out really well!


Because Hubby was on night shift, we had to wait on him to get home before eating or riping into any presents. Even the cat waited patiently on Daddy to get home.


When he finally got home and finished breakfast, we opened our stockings. Reagan's was filled with great board books, while mine had a movie (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) and Daddy's had a book (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).

We then moved on to the presents under the tree. These included gifts from each other as well as Santa and Chris's family.

Of course, most of the gifts under the tree were for Reagan ("I'll be glad when she's old enough to open her own gifts!" - Chris). She got CD's with lullabies and kids songs, lots of clothing, dolls, a nativity set, teething toys, blankets, and other great gifts. Chris got a special coffee mug from Reagan that is camouflaged with a picture of Reagan wearing camo and the caption "Proud to be my daddy's girl!"
After the gifts at home were finished and the dishes in the dishwasher, Chris went to bed and Reagan and I headed to Grandma's house.

Reagan was too little to play with her cousins just yet, but she loved being held by all her aunts, uncles, and older cousins! She even managed to get her Great-Granny on the floor to play with her! (We were afraid neither one of them would be able to get themselves up, but Reagan was the only one who needed to be picked up!)
Other people took more pictures than I did as I was usually busy holding a wiggly baby or stuffing my face with all the delicious food while someone else was holding her. I'll have to get copies!
It was a long day, but a great day. After a bath and a bottle, my sweet little one passed out for most of the night!
Hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as we did!



No comments:

Post a Comment