Wednesday, June 16, 2010

She's growing so fast!

I can't believe BabyGirl is already 8 months old! She has grown so much in the past 8 months that it is amazing :)  She has grown not only physically but mentally as well.  There is so much that she has discovered and learned.  In the last month alone she has discovered how to
  • sit up when she's laying down
  • crawl
  • pull herself up
  • feed herself little bits of food (cheerios and such)
I love that she is learning and growing, but I already miss little things that she used to do!

  • I miss when all she wanted to do was be held and cuddle up with someone.

  • I miss her falling asleep in my arms.

  • I miss breastfeeding (I had to quit - which brought many tears...to me!)

  • I miss not having her in our bedroom all night.  I miss not being able to wake up and just peek over at her to see her snoozing soundly. 

  • Believe it or not, I miss getting up with her in the middle of the night.  Don't get me wrong, I love being able to get a good night's sleep but in the middle of the night, it was just me and her and she was so tiny in my arms just wanting me to comfort her...

But there are SO many things that I am enjoying with her right now!

  • She is crawling and has discovered that if she sees something she wants, she can move to it (which is a good and  bad thing! Keeps me on my toes!)

  • I love sitting down on the floor with her and having her climb and crawl all over me.

  • I completely melt each time I see her tiny face light up and give me a big toothless grin when I walk in the room.

  • I love love love love love her giggle!  I don't care if my arms fall off, if she wants to go up again then that's what Mommy will do to get another giggle!

  • I love seeing her face when she has discovered she can do something new.  It lights up and she just looks so proud of herself!
Even with all of this, I am looking forward to a few things too...

  • I can't wait to hear "Ma Ma" and know that it is directed at me, not just random babbling.

  • I already have summer art projects, games, and trips planned for when she is a little older.

  • Family vacations where she can really explore and that she will remember are going to be a blast
I can't wait to see the beautiful young girl and woman that she will grow into!

No comments:

Post a Comment