Thursday, May 7, 2009

More funnies from my kids...

From a 2nd grader: "Mrs. A., When you goin' bring yo baby ta schoo?"
Me, laughing and patting my tummy: "Hunny I bring my baby to school every day!"


From a different 2nd grader after seeing me eat some of the 'reward' Skittles I keep in my desk: "Mrs. A is eattin' the Skittles!"
Me giggling because I was caught: "Don't tell all my secrets! The baby wanted some Skittles."
Her: "Nuh-uh.. babies don't eat Skittles, they drink milk!"
Me: "Well until it's born, my baby eats whatever I do."
So the rest of the day, anytime I was eating or drinking anything she would ask, "Your baby eating/drinking __________ (whatever it happened to be)?"


From a 6th grader: "Ohhhh... Mrs. A... Your stomach is getting so fat! You gonna have a chubby baby!"


And a not-so-funny, but a really really sweet:
One of my first graders was painting a picture presumably for his mother for Mother's Day. It had a picture of himself under a tree and the words, "Hapey Mothrs Da!" He gave it to me at the end of the day and said, "It's from your baby." :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. goodness. What a seriously sweet kiddo! You'll definitely have to keep that Mother's Day card! Don't you just love your students sometimes? Stories like yours make me miss being a teacher...

    ReplyDelete