Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Freak me out, why don't ya!

I was supposed to have another Dr's appointment on Monday afternoon, ended up being an ultrasound appointment Monday Morning.

Monday morning I'm going about my busy life at school. Crazy kids and crazy amounts of paperwork when all of a sudden my cell phone rings. Crap, I forgot to turn it off again.

I noticed it was my doctor's office calling so I answer.

"Hello. We need to reschedule your appointment for today. The doctor won't be in today."
"Oh man, really? I really needed to see her."
"Well, she won't be in at all today."
"OK, can we make it for first thing in the morning?"
"Is there something wrong that you need to see her for? I'm seeing that this is just a scheduled check-up."
"Yes, hold on, I'm in my classroom, let me walk out." Nod to the other teacher in the room who understands and takes over.
"OK, I'm back. A few days ago I tripped and fell to my knees. I didn't think too much of it because I'm a clutz and everything seemed OK, no cramping or bleeding or anything. But then last night I noticed I was spotting just a little and I wanted the doctor to check it out just to be safe."
"You shouldn't be working if you are bleeding after a fall! You need to go home and lay down!!"
"Well it was just a little spot. And I wasn't that concerned because I fell last Wednesday so it was several days apart."
"Hold on a second please."
"Yes, the Doctor wants you to go home, we will schedule you an unltrasound at (another doctor's) office. Do you know where that is?"
"Yes, it's right by the hospital right?"
"Yes, I'll call you back and let you know when the appointment is. Go home ad lay down."
"Uh, OK, thanks."

So even though I wasn't freaking out too much about it before, now I am. I call hubby in a panic, wake him up tell him what's up, go to my principal (tell her that one of my kids is going off and just hit the other teacher, as well as) that I needed to leave and why. About this time the doctor's office calls back with an ultrasound appointment for me in less than an hour and a half. Wow, that's soon, I must have reason to panic now!

I fly home, crying, call Hubby again, wake him up again, and tell him that he has to go with me. He of course agrees and gets up and is showered and dressed by the time I get home.

They call me right in when I get there and the baby looks fine. Good heartbeat, moving around (Hubby said it looked like he/she was trying to do sit-ups already) and everything was fine. The nurse said the placenta was a little low but nothing to worry about as it would pick back up in the next few weeks. All in all, my nerves were calmed again... and I got to see my baby again! :)

They said that it MIGHT have been possible to tell the sex at this stage but we weren't able to yet so we will just have to wait until 20 weeks.

I have some ultrasound pictures, but I haven't scanned them yet. When I'll do I'll put a few of the really cute ones up!

No comments:

Post a Comment